1. Stay hydrated: Use an electrolyte solution like Pickleball cocktail once or twice per day. Drink 72 ounces of clean water each day. In addition: drink Cistus tea and warm bone broth with herbs like thyme and rosemary. Use lemon in your water with a little honey to keep the phlegm and mucous draining throughout the lymph in the body.
2. Rest: The body only heals when it is asleep. De-activate the thinking brain so the healing brain can take over. Plan to take down time and rest frequently. This will quicken healing as your immune system can use its energy to heal instead of maintaining your lifestyle. So, skip the gym, run errands another day, and crawl under the covers for frequent cat naps.
3. Gargle with warm salt water. Use clean water and Redman salt or Celtic Sea salt. 1 tsp per cup of water. Gargle. It is okay to swallow some of this but be careful if your blood pressure spikes when you ingest salt solutions.
4. Use salt water sprays for the sinuses. Add ¼ tsp to 1 cup of water and dissolve completely. Also, add ½ tsp salt to this. Spray nostrils multiple times per day. Neti pots can create pressure in the sinuses and swelling from the cold can hold the fluid in the cavities so it does not drain back out. If you have cold symptoms, skip the Neti and use the spray solutions.
5. Avoid OTC meds if you can. They can cause drying of the membranes. You want the sinus cavities to drain the mucous, not dry it out. Also, the side effects can be harsh for some and the additives and excipients like the colorings and dyes have health side effects as well. If you need something to decongest the nose; use spearmint or peppermint oil such as one found at Doterra products.
6. Steamy showers followed by a quick cold rinse. This can help with congestion and ease breathing. The brief cold exposure at the end for 10 seconds or so stimulates growth hormone and T cell production in the immune system which helps you strengthen your own immune health and can shorten the duration of the cold. Use caution with the cold portion if you have high blood pressure.
7. High dose Vitamin C. The trick here is to use a pure c without excipients. Oranges, lemons, and strawberries and high in C. Buffered C is also a choice for those on a keto diet. Mix with water and drink it down twice per day.
8. Restorative herbs. Examples are Andrographis plus, Coriandolo, rosemary, thyme, garlic, onion, chives, shallots or any herb in the allium family.
9. Homeopathic products. Oscillacocinum is hands down the best out there that can be purchased over the counter. The trick with O is to start it at the same time you feel the first tingle or tinkle in your nose or the sneezing and congestion show up. It literally can stop a cold in a few days when you take it as directed by Boiron Labs.
10. Restorative Foods: Hot chicken soup, cayenne and ginger teas, garlic and onion drops. Recipe: Blend one white onion with ball of garlic with ½ cup water. Strain until thin liquid. Place liquid in mason jar and keep in the fridge. Use 1/8 tsp every few hours until symptoms reside.
11. Avoid alcohol as it lowers your immune system. Avoid smoking. If you can’t do without the nicotine hit, use a Nicotinamide supplement. (Vitamin B-3) Pick a clean one without excipients or extra ingredient.
12. Wash your hands. Just use soap and hot water. The less chemicals the better. The hand sanitizers are loaded with chemicals that you don’t need in your body.
13. For those with frequency generators, 741 Hertz gives immune boosting frequencies to the body when fighting illness.
14. Bath Soak: Soak in a hot bath with 2 cups Epsom salt, 1 cup baking soda, 1/8 cup borax, and whatever healing herbs you like. Soak 15-20 mins to open the pores and allow the lymph system to drain.
15. Protect yourself from WIFI. The signals have been proven to reduce immune health. There are many articles about this. So, use a grounding mat under your lab top and put your phone a few feet away from you. Distance matters when affecting cellular health, so keep it out of your pocket and your bra.
16. Laugh until it hurts. Laughter boosts the immune system. One-minute of it can boost immune health for 24 hours. Laughing decreases stress hormones and increases immune cell production as well increases infection-fighting antibodies. In contrast, one minute of anger weakens the immune system for 4-5 hours.
17. Find an amazing Bioenergetic practitioner. Said practitioner can create a liquid remedy with massive healing potential specific to your cellular make-up. These remedies work quickly to gently guide the body back to its baseline by giving new information to the cells for rapid restoration.